Location : Kota Nunukan, Kalimantan Utara, Indonesia.
We left the seaweed village of Tanjung Harapan very satisfied with what we saw and continued our tour of the island to experience the religious diversity here. We visited the beautiful white mosque nearby, an almost completed church and a Chinese temple although we hardly see any Chinese in the street.
Islamic Center Nunukan
Kelenteng San Sen Kong
As it was almost lunch time, our driver suggested we dined at a Lundayeh café. It was a great idea. Before he dropped us off, he asked to be excused as he had to pick his kid from school and that he would be back. The food was good. We had a good chat with the small group of Lundayeh Dayaks at the café. They were mostly from the interior district of Krayan, the heartland of the Lundayehs.
Two hours passed and still no sign of our driver. I had to call his boss Arif to find out what the hell was going on. Arif finally came personally to continue our tour to Binusan waterfall.
To see more photos, please click our FACEBOOK PAGE
Also please check out our posts on
- Balai Adat Kenyah Desa Pimping
- Desa Wisata Setulang
- Semolon Hotspring Waterfall
- Pulau Sapi, Lundayeh Village
- Desa Sesua, Belusu Village
- Desa Tanjung Keranjang, Kenyah Village
- Boat Ride Malinau – Nunukan Island
- Tanjung Harapan, Seaweed Farming Village
- Air Terjun Binusan & Town
- Ferry Ride From Nunukan Island, to Tawau, Sabah