Location : Tugu Khatulistiwa Santan Ulu, Kecamatan Muara Badak, Kabupaten Kutai Kartanegara, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia.
We would like to thank Arief and Ahsan our guides for going the extra mile to add 2 bonus visits, while coming back to Samarinda, to what would have been a near perfect tour package if not for the meals. We visited firstly, the equator monument or ‘Tugu Khatulistiwa’ in the Indonesian language, just outside Bontang. There are another 2 such monuments in Kalimantan. One is in Pontianak, Kalbar and the other in Murun Raya Regency. The one in Pontianak looks a bit out of position on Google Earth though. It should have been built be a little further south.
Also please check out our posts on
- Visit Sungai Wain & Kebun Raya Balikpapan
- Wisata Alam Bukit Bangkirai
- Bontang Kuala Water Village
- Beras Basah Island Day 1
- Beras Basah Island Day 2
- Pulau Tihi Tihi Water Village
- Desa Budaya Kenyah Sungai Bawang
- KPJ Play Land, Kutai Kartanegara
- Wood Museum
- Ladang Budaya Ladaya Tenggarong
- Kota Tenggarong