Location : Miri Town, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Miri is a coastal city in northeastern Sarawak, Malaysia, located near the border of Brunei, on the island of Borneo. Miri is the second largest city in Sarawak. The city is also the capital of Miri District of the Miri Division.
Next on the list of things to do was the visit to the handicraft centre. The new centre was a lot nicer than the last place which I visited many times decades back. Good to see some of the ladies weaving baskets there and then.
We spent about an hour there before heading to Bekenu for lunch and durian. Our Miri friends had appetite of elephants, so it seemed.
With bloated stomachs, we left for Tusan beach to view the ‘Drinking Horse’ for our first and last time. Sad that it collapsed a few months after we visited. Thank God we had an awesome video of it during that visit for good remembrance which we uploaded onto Youtube much earlier after receiving news of the disaster.
We next rushed to Piasau worried that it might be too dark to catch the hornbills there. But we did have 15min view of three of them flying from tree to tree.
To see more photos, please click our FACEBOOK PAGE
Also please check out our posts on our whole journey of Pesta Nukenen trip:
- Limbang Meritam Mud Volcano
- Limbang Town
- Lawas Awat Awat village
- Fly to Ba’kelalan from Lawas
- Long Langai Bakelalan
- Asang Langai Botanical Garden
- Cross Border to Long Bawan
- Wisata Krayan
- Lesson in organic rice planting
- Bario Kelabit Highlands Finally!
- Bario Food & Cultural Festival Begins
- Kelabit Cultural Dance & Traditional Sports
- Beautiful Kelabits Ladies & Their Beads
- What we did in Bario Sarawak
- Bits & Pieces Of Bario Food Festival
- A brief stop over at Marudi Town
- Miri City, Falling for Succulents
- Miri Updates Part 1