Location : Miri Town, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Miri is a coastal city in northeastern Sarawak, Malaysia, located near the border of Brunei, on the island of Borneo. Miri is the second largest city in Sarawak. The city is also the capital of Miri District of the Miri Division.
San Ching Tian Temple (Chinese: 美里三清殿) (also called as Lian Hua San Ching Tien) is a Chinese temple located in a 1.5-acre site bordered by housing area in Krokop 9 Road of Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, where it is also considered as the largest Taoist temple in Southeast Asia.
For the first time in our travelling lives we had the privilege to stay in a Chinese temple in Krokop area, in fact the largest Taoist temple in South East Asia by the name of Lian Hua San Ching Tien Temple. We had just got to know this group of Miri locals a couple of months before in Kuching when they were visiting. When they heard of our coming to Miri, they invited us to stay at their temple air conditioned hostel which was nice knowing the heat in Miri.
Four hundred metres away was another huge Temple. All religious buildings here are extra large!
Situated in a peaceful residential neighbourhood, vegetarian food was easily available within walking distance.
Thanks to Mr Yee, Mr Tan and Ms Elaine Chong all volunteers of this temple played perfect hosts and made sure we were well fed.
Enjoyed the city tour that gave us an update of Miri. Miri as a city had indeed blossom so much through the years. Next…..More of Miri
To see more photos, please click our FACEBOOK PAGE
Also please check out our posts on our whole journey of Pesta Nukenen trip:
- Limbang Meritam Mud Volcano
- Limbang Town
- Lawas Awat Awat village
- Fly to Ba’kelalan from Lawas
- Long Langai Bakelalan
- Asang Langai Botanical Garden
- Cross Border to Long Bawan
- Wisata Krayan
- Lesson in organic rice planting
- Bario Kelabit Highlands Finally!
- Bario Food & Cultural Festival Begins
- Kelabit Cultural Dance & Traditional Sports
- Beautiful Kelabits Ladies & Their Beads
- What we did in Bario Sarawak
- Bits & Pieces Of Bario Food Festival
- A brief stop over at Marudi Town
- Miri City, Falling for Succulents
- Miri Updates Part 2 and final