Location : Asang Langai Homestay, Ba’kelalan, Limbang Division, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Realising we were a little bored, Mr Matius suggested we visit his other ‘homestay in the jungle or rather ‘botanical garden’. It was situated roughly at the halfway point to the airport. It took us about 40min on foot while Matius rode his motorbike.
From the gate to the bungalow was about 300m. It looked new and well kept but the grass was a little overgrown. Not surprising since the property was huge. Matius showed us around on the inside the double storey house. Nice architecture. Heard it was his son’s design.
There was one section of the garden where we noticed a numbers of holes in the ground. Matius explained they were hiding places for porcupines that came to eat the nuts of a fruit he called ‘buk’ or ‘bok’. Too bad the porcupines did not come out when we were there.
For those who prefer sleeping outdoor there were permanent teepees available at the camping ground. Very ideal for big groups.
But without good infrastructure in northern Sarawak Asang Langai will have to wait a little longer before visitors can come in large numbers. A very well thought out set up that is far ahead of its time. We wish them well. Next…..Visit to Long Bawan
To see more photos, please click our FACEBOOK PAGE
Also please check out our posts on our whole journey of Pesta Nukenen trip:
- Limbang Meritam Mud Volcano
- Limbang Town
- Lawas Awat Awat village
- Fly to Ba’kelalan from Lawas
- Long Langai Bakelalan
- Cross Border to Long Bawan
- Wisata Krayan
- Lesson in organic rice planting
- Bario Kelabit Highlands Finally!
- Bario Food & Cultural Festival Begins
- Kelabit Cultural Dance & Traditional Sports
- Beautiful Kelabits Ladies & Their Beads
- What we did in Bario Sarawak
- Bits & Pieces Of Bario Food Festival
- A brief stop over at Marudi Town
- Miri City, Falling for Succulents
- Miri Updates Part 1
- Miri Updates Part 2 and final