Location : Kampung Awat-Awat, Lawas District, Limbang Division, Sarawak, Malaysia.
The air-conditioned bus from Limbang to Lawas took slightly over an hour passing through Labu checkpoint, Temburong Brunei. Road condition was good. We entered via Pandaruan and exited through Mengkalap border checkpoint on the Sarawak side.
Ranged Joseph a local friend for lunch at the Lawas market before proceeding to the Malay fishing village of Awat-Awat to have a view of the newly completed waterfront and bridge.
Had breakfast with Joseph again next morning before he drove us to the Lawas airport to catch the Twin Otter flight to Ba’Kelalan, our back door entry into Bario.
Thank God the weather was fine for the 35min flight. Nice and accommodating pilots too. Next…..Fly To Ba’Kelalan
To see more photos, please click our FACEBOOK PAGE
Also please check out our posts on our whole journey of Pesta Nukenen trip:
- Limbang Meritam Mud Volcano
- Limbang Town
- Fly to Ba’kelalan from Lawas
- Long Langai Bakelalan
- Asang Langai Botanical Garden
- Cross Border to Long Bawan
- Wisata Krayan
- Lesson in organic rice planting
- Bario Kelabit Highlands Finally!
- Bario Food & Cultural Festival Begins
- Kelabit Cultural Dance & Traditional Sports
- Beautiful Kelabits Ladies & Their Beads
- What we did in Bario Sarawak
- Bits & Pieces Of Bario Food Festival
- A brief stop over at Marudi Town
- Miri City, Falling for Succulents
- Miri Updates Part 1
- Miri Updates Part 2 and final