Location : Limbang Town, Limbang Division, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Limbang is a border town and the capital of Limbang District in the Limbang Division of northern Sarawak, East Malaysia, on the island of Borneo. It is located on the banks of the Limbang River (Sungai Limbang in Malay), between the two halves of Brunei. (Wiki)
With lots of time in hand we decided to explore Bukit Mas a very popular hill among the locals for their morning or afternoon exercises. We did it the lazy way by driving up the steep hill. Found a parking space before the bridge and continued on foot. Nice and easy stroll to the summit and found the trig point that we always saw on Facebook, thanks to our friend Chua Limbang.
As a matter of fact, he got us coming back together early next morning for the sunrise view but the cloudy sky was a disappointment. The subsequent drone shots of Limbang town were not exciting either. Lighting from the 6.30 morning sun was too weak. Will try again next visit with better sunlight.
Thanks to Mr Chua for taking time out to show us around Limbang.
To see more photos, please click our FACEBOOK PAGE
Also please check out our posts on our whole journey of Pesta Nukenen trip:
- Limbang Meritam Mud Volcano
- Lawas Awat Awat village
- Fly to Ba’kelalan from Lawas
- Long Langai Bakelalan
- Asang Langai Botanical Garden
- Cross Border to Long Bawan
- Wisata Krayan
- Lesson in organic rice planting
- Bario Kelabit Highlands Finally!
- Bario Food & Cultural Festival Begins
- Kelabit Cultural Dance & Traditional Sports
- Beautiful Kelabits Ladies & Their Beads
- What we did in Bario Sarawak
- Bits & Pieces Of Bario Food Festival
- A brief stop over at Marudi Town
- Miri City, Falling for Succulents
- Miri Updates Part 1
- Miri Updates Part 2 and final