Location : Desa Bungan Jaya, Kecamatan Putussibau Selatan, Kabupaten Kapuas Hulu, Kalimantan Barat, Indonesia.
After visiting Nanga Lapung, we continued our ride to Sungai Bejuai a perfect spot for our picnic lunch which was nicely prepared by Hamisah early that morning.
Martin and his Sungai Asap gang were disappointed when they realised that the ‘pukat’(trawl) net they bought and brought along to Matalunai was not in the boat as they had forgotten in their haste. They had planned for some serious trawling and looking forward to a BBQ session. However, they still had the cast (jala) net to work with but the catch was meager.
After an hour we left the quiet tranquility of Sungai Bejuai for our journey back to Matalunai.
Along the way we stopped by at one of Lala’s farms to harvest some vegetables for the next few days’ consumption. Next……Desa Kereho
Also please check out our posts on
- Kota Putussibau
- Lunsara Village
- Rumah Betang Lunsa Hilir, Dayak Taman Longhouse
- Rumah Betang Soo Limung, Dayak Taman Longhouse
- Gua Maria Desa Sayut
- Boat Ride Kapuas River
- Nanga Balang (Situs Sejarah Neolitikum)
- Dusun Matalunai, Dayak Bukat Village
- Sungai Opea, The Cleanest River In Kapuas Hulu
- Nanga Bungan, The First Of Kapuas River
- Nanga Lapung, Dayak Punan Hovongan Village
- Dusun Sepan, Dayak Uheng Kereho Village
- Riam Bendak, Desa Kereho