Location : Kecamatan Putussibau Selatan, Kabupaten Kapuas Hulu, Kalimantan Barat, Indonesia.
The next morning we set out upriver with the intention to visit Nanga Bungan a Dayak Punan village sandwiched by the Kapuas and Hovongan rivers.
On the way there, Lala our host announced that we must visit the cleanest tributary where Long Opea was situated. We had a short stop over to have a look and snap a few photos.
Pure crystal clear water flowing from the Betung Kerihun National Park. This was where our friend Ngajang declared loudly to the laughter of the group, ‘Saya sangat menyesal lahir di Malaysia’ meaning ‘I very much regret being born in Malaysia’. Tongue in cheek of course.
Boat Ride to Long Opea
To see more photos, please click our FACEBOOK PAGE
Also please check out our posts on
- Kota Putussibau
- Lunsara Village
- Rumah Betang Lunsa Hilir, Dayak Taman Longhouse
- Rumah Betang Soo Limung, Dayak Taman Longhouse
- Gua Maria Desa Sayut
- Boat Ride Kapuas River
- Nanga Balang (Situs Sejarah Neolitikum)
- Dusun Matalunai, Dayak Bukat Village
- Nanga Bungan, The First Of Kapuas River
- Nanga Lapung, Dayak Punan Hovongan Village
- Picnic At Sungai Bejuai
- Dusun Sepan, Dayak Uheng Kereho Village
- Riam Bendak, Desa Kereho