Location : Kecamatan Kandangan, Kabupaten Hulu Sungai Selatan, Kalimantan Selatan, Indonesia.
The downhill drive from Loksado along the Kandangan-Batu Licin Road was easy as the road was very well maintained for the safety of tourists. In less than an hour we arrived at Kandangan, a town famous for its ‘ketupat’ and ‘dodol’.
But we were more impressed by the enchanting paddy fields along both sides of Brigadir Jenderal Hasan Basri Road leading towards another town called Rantau. As we drove along this road enjoying the beautiful scenery, we noticed this group of locals rod fishing along the edge of the paddy fields. Got Oyonk to stop the car, curious what sort of fish could be caught from this shallow water. Found out only tiny little ones. Guess these guys did it just to kill time and having fun as the bites were pretty frequent.
While talking to one of them I found out that they used live bee larvae as baits, something never heard of.
Meanwhile, out there wading in knee deep water, the women were breaking their backs planting rice saplings or harvesting. Next – the jewel capital of Borneo, Martapura.
To see more photos, please click our FACEBOOK PAGE
Also please check out our posts on
- Part 1 : Kota Banjarmasin
- Part 2 : Kaget Island with proboscis monkey
- Part 3 : Floating Market Lok Baintan
- Part 4 : Batakan Beach
- Part 5 : Tour Around Pulau Laut Utara
- Part 6 : Hutan Wisata Meranti
- Part 7 : Karst of Cantung
- Part 8 : Backdoor journey to Loksado
- Part 9 : Rainy morning in Loksado
- Part 11 : Kota Intan (Diamond City) Martapura
- Part 12 : Lambung Mangkurat Museum, Banjarbaru