Location : Desa Makmur Jaya, Kecamatan Kongbeng, Kabupaten Kutai Timur, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia.
It was 2pm when we set out from Kutai National Park and headed for Bengalon where our chaffeur Baha’s house as well as convenience store was. Stopped briefly to meet his wife and son before hurrying to our next break which was Wahau.
Arrived at Wahau at about 8pm. The horrible road condition made driving very slow. Checked into Hotel Sonni Permai with breakfast provided at Rp250,000.
They were attending Sunday mass. We invited ourselves to walk around the church and chanced upon a neglected hall which was such a great piece of art.
Balai Adat Luung Baun / Customs hall
Next stop Miau Baru.
To see more photos, please click our FACEBOOK PAGE
Also please check out our posts on
- Day 1 : Balikpapan
- Day 2 : Samarinda Seberang
- Day 3 : Kota Bontang, Sangkima
- Day 4 : Kutai National Park, Sangatta
- Day 5 : Miau Baru, Suku Dayak Kayan Village
- Day 5 : Desa Wisata Kampung Merasa, Kelay
- Day 6 : Maratua Island Part 1
- Day 6 : Maratua Island Part 2
- Day 6 : Dead Coral Reef Island
- Day 6 : Teluk Alulu Village
- Day 6 : Kampung Bohe Silian & Bohe Bukut
- Day 6 : Kakaban Island, Stingless Jellyfish Lake
- Day 6 : Sangalaki Island, Diving Snorkeling Paradise
- Day 6 : Pulau Pasir
- Day 7 : Derawan Island