web analytics

Satow Waterfalls, Sarawak

Location : Kampung Bobak, Singai, Bau, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.

This is by far the most interesting waterfall we’ve been to. Highly recommended for those who hate long tiring treks just to enjoy the energy of a waterfall. Situated at Kampung Bobak, Singai which is not far from Kuching. There are at least 6 tiers for you to choose from & some of them have nicely carved out steps by nature for you to sit on comfortably while you enjoy the water massage. But there are leeches though. Just bring along a small packet of salt to fight those damn leeches, not many but enough to scare the faint hearted ones.

To see more photos, please click below,
6 Comments
  1. 891 days ago
    Rachel

Hi, i would like to get direction to this beautiful place. Do you mind stating on how i could get here? And is there an entrance fee charge or someone who i should call before hand before making the trip. Thank you. Great job with the site!

• 891 days ago
      Admin

Hi Rachel, you did not mention if you were a local or foreigner, I wish you had so it would save my time. No entrance fee as far as I know. No one is in charge there so you do not need to call. My photos in FB are quite self explanatory on how to get there unless if you are a foreigner you’ll need someone to drive you there either by way of Matang or Batu Kawah. If you take the trouble to go thru each and every photo in the FB album, I did comment on the entrances. The kampung roads are a little complicated to explain here. You just have to stop someone along the way to ask for directions. The villagers there are very helpful. Thank you.

2. 346 days ago
    beel brayon

Hi bro, this might surprise you…really belated . I am from Kuching but just get to know about this Satow waterfall. Is the area open to public, since it is inside the kampung? Pls give detail on how to reach the waterfall..is the waterfall under the management of JKKK Kampung Bobak..well maintain and fee collected from visitors.?

Please enlighten me. Thank you.

• 346 days ago
      Admin

Hi Beel, It is no surprise a lot of locals do not know about their own backyard and Satow fall is just one of the many. So don’t feel embarassed by that. Anyway, Satow is FOC as far as I know. Sometimes it can be a little messy when locals had their BBQ at the lower tiers. Venture higher where its a lot cleaner. As for the direction you will have to figure that out from the photos that we posted on our Facebook page. It’s too complicated to explain!

3. 160 days ago
    haz

Interesting place. However, I`m a little bit puzzled about the location. I`m not local btw, do you mind to give me directions from Kuching to this village? and is it open to public or do we need to contact someone?

• 160 days ago
      Admin

It is a very difficult location to describe even to locals much worse non locals! But if you go thru all our photos in our albums you would have a better picture. I give out pointers in some of the captions or commentaries for some of the photos. I am sure they will help you a lot. Googling the name Singai will help also.